Types of Water Treatment Systems
Water quality is extremely important whether you own a well or are getting your water through a municipal water system. The issue is that there are multiple different types of water treatment systems which you can install in your home. So, how do you know which type is best for your home? This guide should help you in deciding which type of water treatment system is best.
Perform a Water Analysis
The first step to complete if you are experiencing problem with your water is to determine exactly what the issue is. The fastest and most accurate way to achieve this is to get a free water test performed by a local Maryland water quality service company in your area.
Select a Water Treatment System
Once we know the profile of your home’s water, and what (if any) contaminants are present, we can select a water treatment or conditioning system. As a leading Maryland water quality company, we carry a variety of water treatment and conditioning systems. Here is a list of the different types of and what they do:
- Mechanical filters trap sediment and other fine particles before they make it into your drinking water.
- Chlorination, Ozonation, and UV Light disinfects your water to kill bacteria.
- Activated carbon filters absorb impurities and remove unpleasant odors and tastes.
- Oxidizing filters bind with iron, hydrogen sulfide, and manganese, making your water softer and tastier.
- Neutralizing filters balance water’s pH, solve acidity problems, and reduce high levels of lead. They help protect and prevent pipe and faucet deterioration which causes pinhole leaks.
- Reverse osmosis separates impurities from the water by pushing water through a semi-permeable membrane with the use of pressure.
- Distillation systems remove water from impurities instead of the other way around by turning water into vapor and then collecting that vapor.
- Water softening systems soften water by removing calcium, magnesium, and iron.
Contact a Water Quality Systems Company
When you really look at all the different types of water quality systems available on the market, the choices can be mind-boggling. Not only are there many different types of water treatment systems, there are different sizes, brands, and potencies for each. For this reason, it’s important that you partner with an experienced Maryland water treatment service and have them consult with you and install the best solution for your water’s needs.
R & G Water Systems is Maryland’s leading residential and light commercial water conditioning systems installer. We’ve helped a variety of Maryland customers, for over 40 years, achieve the highest quality of water possible in your home. Give R & G Water a call today at 410-239-0700 or fill out the form on our website for a free in-home water test today!